Welcome to our privacy notice for visitors to our group corporate website (ODEON Group website).
About us and our contact details
This privacy notice explains how we collect and use your personal information, under data protection laws, as a visitor to our ODEON Group website.
Please note that we have separate company websites for our group cinema brands. These can be visited via the hyperlinks on this website. It’s important that you read those separate privacy notices and cookies policies on those websites, as they may differ from this privacy notice.
For the purposes of the data protection laws, ODEON Cinemas Group Limited is the controller for this website. We are registered in England and Wales, with company registration number: 10246724. Our registered address is: 57-59 St Albans House Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX.
Our data protection officer
Every territory where we operate has a data protection officer (DPO). They are responsible for overseeing everything relating to this privacy notice. Our DPO for the UK can be contacted by email: email@example.com.
How we'll use your data
We'll follow these simple principles for all of your personal information:
- we’ll tell you how we’re going to use your personal information, either when we collect it, or via our policies, applications, contracts and other notifications
- we’ll only use it for those reasons or purposes
- we’ll only capture, use, share and keep the minimum information we need
- we’ll keep it accurate and up to date – we’ll build in checking processes, but we may need your help
- we’ll only keep it for as long as we need to, for the reasons or purposes we explained upfront
- we’ll keep your personal information secure
Which data we need to collect and use and why
There are a number of reasons why we’ll need to use your personal information, which may include for our legitimate interests in:
- dealing with any of your enquiries, comments or complaints – we’ll use the personal information provided (including your name, organisation name, your role and contact details) for these purposes
- considering how you use our website, for website analysis and improvement purposes
- the course of our business (where your interests and rights don’t override our business needs)
- cases where we have specifically asked and you’ve given us permission to use it
If we ask for consent to use your personal information, you are free to give, refuse or withdraw it later if you choose to. It’s fine for you to refuse or withdraw consent later and there won’t be any negative consequences for you.
If you give us personal information about third parties, you are confirming that you have their permission and that you have made them aware of this privacy notice, so that they know how their information is being used.
Who we share it with
We may share your personal information where necessary, and we’ll do this safely and securely. This could be internally with teams that your arrangements or communications relate to, as well as other colleagues or the ODEON Group, where we feel that this is reasonable and necessary.
We won’t share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use third party data processors which provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with them, which means that they can’t do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They won’t share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and keep it for the time period we instruct.
In any other scenarios, we’ll make sure we can legally share the information; document our decision-making; and make sure we can say what our legal reason is for sharing.
Where relevant, we may share personal information with people or businesses outside the UK and European Economic Area. We’ll make sure your personal information is secure and protected. Further details available from our DPO.
Cookies and links to other websites
Where we provide links to other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how they process personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices and cookies policies on other websites you visit.
How long we'll keep your data
We’ll only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, for the purposes we collected it for, and to meet any legal, business or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information, so that it is unidentifiable, so that we can continue to use it. As soon as we no longer need your personal information, we’ll securely delete or destroy it.
Unless we say otherwise in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information for up to one calendar year following our last interaction with you. We then delete your personal information at the start of the next calendar year.
However, in all cases, we may keep your personal information for longer periods, where we need to investigate an incident or deal with legal claims. In this case, your personal information is kept until the incident or legal claim is resolved.
You can do any of the following in terms of your personal information, in certain circumstances:
- ask to see it
- ask us to correct it
- ask us to delete it
- ask us not to process it
- ask us to restrict its use
- ask us to give you or someone else your personal information in a portable forma
- change your mind at any time and refuse permission, where we’re relying on your consent to use your personal information
We act with trust & respect in all your requests for the above, and will carry them out as soon as we can. If your request seems excessive or unreasonable, we may need to charge a fee to cover the work involved or we may not agree to your request.
If you’re unhappy with our use of your personal information or have any concerns, we hope that our DPO can work this through with you. However, at any time you can contact or make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK body for data protection issues. (www.ico.org.uk)
The ICO has provided some useful guidance to explain more about your above rights, so please feel free to consult its guidance for more information: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Where we get your data
Most personal information we use is provided to us directly by you, usually for one of the following reasons:
- You’ve made a complaint or enquiry to us
- You are representing your organisation
We also receive personal information indirectly, in the following circumstances:
- Your organisation gives us your personal information for dealing with a complaint or enquiry
- We sometimes collect additional information from other third parties (including business partners, networking websites, social media and other public websites), but only where this is within the law
Some data you need to give us
For the purposes of this ODEON Group website, there is no information you must provide for legal or contractual reasons.
This privacy notice is not part of any contract between us and you, and we will update it from time to time. If you want more information or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our DPO.