SCOTLAND’S LARGEST ODEON LUXE CINEMA TO LAUNCH IN GLASGOW: ODEON GLASGOW QUAY TO RELAUNCH AS FULLY RECLINING ODEON LUXE CINEMA
1 November 2017
- The newly-revamped cinema will relaunch as Scotland’s largest ODEON Luxe cinema on 15th November
- Guests will be able to enjoy the latest blockbusters in the ultimate comfort, with 937 fully-reclining, luxury seats across 12 newly-upgraded screens
- Film fans can also experience a brand new state-of-the-art iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
ODEON – the UK & Ireland’s leading cinema chain – has today announced it will be launching Scotland’s largest ODEON Luxe cinema in the city of Glasgow, with ODEON Glasgow Quay fully launching as an ODEON Luxe on 15th November.
Following the launch of ODEON Luxe East Kilbride and ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West last month, the addition of ODEON Luxe Glasgow Quay means Scotland will be home to three of the four first ODEON Luxe cinemas in Europe, setting the pace of luxury cinema experience for UK film fans.
The cinema will become fully-reclining, with 937 handmade reclining seats across 12 upgraded screens, offering film fans triple the legroom and increased personal space and comfort, as well as individual retractable tables to ensure the ultimate cinema experience.
Film fans at the new ODEON Luxe Glasgow Quay can also enjoy a complete overhaul of the technology, including a brand new, cutting-edge 139-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound.
Cinemagoers will also experience breathtaking sound delivered by 186 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens packing Dolby Surround 7.1 sound and improved picture quality through enlarged screens throughout the cinema. A new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can also take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens.
The upgrades to the cinema come ready for an exciting release schedule of new films, including the upcoming family film Paddington 2 (10th November), superhero epic Justice League (17th November) and the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Last Jedi (14th December).
Guests of the cinema can choose from an extensive range of food and drink options, including sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and freshly brewed coffee served in the stylish on-site Costa Coffee café.
The cinema’s retail area will undergo further refurbishment in 2018, bringing with it a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy, along with an all-new Oscar’s Bar, which will offer guests a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, set in a modern seating and bar area.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless cards and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
For more information on available offers and to book tickets for upcoming screenings, guests can visit the ODEON website: http://www.odeon.co.uk/ci...
“We’re delighted to be able to offer film fans in Glasgow the very best cinema experience at ODEON Luxe Glasgow Quay,” said Nick McDiarmid, General Manager at ODEON Luxe Glasgow Quay. “It’s been fantastic to see all the hard work and planning come to life over the past months, creating the ultimate luxury venue for film fans. We’ve had some fantastic feedback from our guests so far and can’t wait to welcome even more through our doors to enjoy the biggest and best films in ultimate comfort.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Glasgow Quay will include:
- 937 fully-reclining seats across 12 fully-refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tables
- A new cutting-edge 139-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
- 186 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby Surround 7.1 sound and 79 upgraded multi-channel amplifiers
- New enlarged screens across all auditoriums – with new in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimised viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
- New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
- Food & drink offering, including sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed coffee, served in the stylish on-site Costa Coffee café
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
Some of the other highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
- Only The Brave (10th November)
- Battle of the Sexes (24th November)
- The Disaster Artist (1st December)
- Wonder (1st December)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (14th December)
- Ferdinand (16th December)
- Pitch Perfect 3 (20th December)