RELAX AND RECLINE IN LEE VALLEY – ODEON TO LAUNCH NEW, FULLY RECLINING, LUXURY CINEMA
18 June 2018
- ODEON Lee Valley is set to re-launch as a fully-reclining ODEON Luxe cinema in July
- Guests will be able to enjoy the newly revamped ODEON Luxe cinema, complete with 970 brand-new, handmade, luxury recliner seats across all 12 screens
- Film fans can also experience fully-reclining seats and a state-of-the-art iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound, as well as a range of new food & drink options, including a brand new on-site Costa Coffee and Oscar’s Bar
ODEON – the UK & Ireland’s largest cinema chain – has announced ODEON Lee Valley will soon be re-opening as a fully-reclining ODEON Luxe site in July, for cinema goers to see the latest entertainment in ultimate comfort and style.
The cinema will feature 970 luxury, handmade recliner seats across its 12 upgraded screens, offering film fans triple the legroom and increased personal space and comfort, as well as individual retractable tables to ensure the best cinematic experience.
Film fans visiting the new ODEON Luxe Lee Valley will also enjoy a complete overhaul of the technology, including a new state-of-the-art, 172-seat iSense screen, with fully reclining seats, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound.
Cinemagoers will also experience breath-taking sound delivered by 200 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens packing Dolby 7.1 surround sound. Every auditorium has been re-configured to offer maximum screen size and the best picture quality on brand-new cinema screens, and a new in-screen lighting system will help minimise distractions.
Guests who are visually impaired or hard of hearing can also take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Wireless system which adds both audio description and hearing-impaired options to our films.
The new and exciting upgrades to the cinema come during an exciting summer of blockbuster and family films, including the upcoming family favourite Incredibles 2 (13 July) and musical classic Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (20 July), with cinema goers also able to enjoy the latest in the action-packed Mission Impossible series, Mission Impossible – Fallout from 26 July – all from the comfort of ODEON Luxe recliner seating.
The cinema has undergone a full interior overhaul, with the foyer and retail area undergoing a complete refurbishment, with guests able to choose from an extensive range of new food and drink options, including chicken strips, Tango Ice Blast self-service and four Coca Cola Freestyle machines with over 100 different flavours to enjoy.
The cinema will also boast an all-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed coffee served in a brand new on-site Costa Coffee.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Event Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless card and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
For more information on available offers and to book tickets for upcoming screenings, guests can visit the ODEON website: https://www.odeon.co.uk/cinema...
Edith Acosta, General Manager at ODEON Luxe Lee Valley said “We’re pleased to announce the re-launch of ODEON Lee Valley as a fully reclining ODEON Luxe cinema, with these exciting new changes offering our guests the ultimate movie-viewing experience that ODEON has prided itself on for almost 90 years. We can’t wait to reveal the full transformation to our guests and look forward to inviting them to enjoy the all-new cinema with us.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Lee Valley will include
- 970 handmade fully-reclining seats across 12 refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tables
- A cutting-edge 172-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
- 200 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround sound
- New in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimise viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
- New Dolby Fidelio Wireless system which offers audio description and hearing-impaired options across all screens for guest with visual or hearing impairments
- New food & drink offering including chicken strips, Tango Ice Blast self-service and four Coca Cola Freestyle machines with over 100 different flavours to enjoy
- All-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and freshly brewed coffee served in the brand new on-site Costa Coffee
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Event Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
Some of the highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
- Skyscraper –12 July
- Incredibles 2 – 13 July
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – 20 July
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout – 26 July
- Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation – 27 July
- Disney’s Christopher Robin – 17 August