A EUROPEAN FIRST: ODEON EAST KILBRIDE TO RELAUNCH AS FIRST EVER FULLY RECLINING ODEON LUXE CINEMA
2 October 2017
• ODEON East Kilbride is to become the FIRST ODEON Luxe cinema in Europe – launching Thursday, October 12th
• Guests will be able to enjoy the new, fully-reclining cinema with 652 new handmade luxury recliner seats across nine screens
• Film fans can also experience a new state-of-the-art ISENSE screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound, as well as a range of food & drink options – to see the latest entertainment in style
ODEON – the UK & Ireland’s leading cinema chain – has today announced it will be setting the pace of luxury cinema experience for British film fans for years to come, by bringing Europe’s first ODEON Luxe cinema to East Kilbride, officially launching on October 12th.
The cinema will become fully-reclining, with ODEON unveiling 652 luxurious handmade leather reclining seats across nine upgraded screens, with increased leg room and personal space for guests, as well as retractable tray tables and a host of new food and drink options to ensure ultimate comfort.
Cinema goers will also experience an overhaul of the technology in the cinema to deliver an outstanding viewing experience. The cinema will now boast a state-of-the-art, 104-seat ISENSE screen with 4K projection and cutting-edge Dolby ATMOS sound delivered by 51 brand new speakers, providing a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience.
Film fans can enjoy breath-taking sound delivered by 185 new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens now packing Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and improved picture quality through enlarged screens throughout.
A new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can also take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens.
The improvements to the cinema come ahead of an exciting release schedule of new films, including action sequel Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th), family adventure The LEGO Ninjago Movie (October 13th) and upcoming Marvel blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok (October 24th).
Guests of the cinema can now choose from a range of food including freshly-popped popcorn, nachos, fries and hot dogs, as well as drink options including a Coke Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy, self-service Tango Ice Blast machines and a new Oscar’s drinks point serving a selection of alcoholic beverages.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless cards and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
For more information on available offers and to book tickets for upcoming screenings, guests can visit the ODEON website: http://www.ODEON.co.uk/cinemas...
“We couldn’t be more excited to be the first cinema in Europe to offer the ODEON Luxe experience,” said Robert Murphy, General Manager at ODEON East Kilbride. “With huge investment from the business, our team have been working hard, redeveloping the cinema to create the ultimate venue for film fans in Scotland. With half the seats, but triple the legroom – and a jam-packed release schedule of the biggest and best films in the coming months – we can’t wait to welcome film fans through our doors to enjoy them in fantastic luxury and comfort.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe refurbishments at East Kilbride will include:
• Nine fully-refurbished screens with upgraded Dolby ATMOS sound systems
• 652 fully-reclining seats between across all auditoriums, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and handy tray tables
• Cutting-edge 104-seat ISENSE screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
• 185 new speakers across all screens, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
• New, enlarged screens across all auditoriums – with new in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions
• New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
• ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
• An entirely new food & drink stand including serving freshly-popped popcorn, hot dogs, nachos and freshly-cooked fries
• New drinks options including a Coke Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours, a self-service Tango Ice Blast machine and an Oscar’s drinks point serving a selection of alcoholic beverages
• Renovated and refreshed areas of the cinema including a new foyer, entrance seating area, ceilings, toilets and LED lighting
• The very latest and best films shown all year round, with a great selection offering something for everyone
Some of the other highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
• Murder on the Orient Express (November 3rd)
• Paddington 2 (November 10th)
• Justice League (November 17th)
• Star Wars: The Last Jedi (December 14th)
Notes to editors
For further questions, please contact the ODEON press office at ODEON@mischiefpr.com
With more than 120 cinemas, over 960 screens and 87 years of cinema experience, ODEON is the leading cinema exhibitor across the UK & Ireland.
ODEON prides itself in being the destination of choice for film lovers, with an ongoing commitment to investing in cutting edge technology and comfort which create the ultimate cinema experience – from luxury seats, to immersive IMAX and ISENSE screens with premium sight and sound, impeccable guest service and unique opportunities to watch screenings of 70mm prints at select sites.
With more than 5,700 colleagues employed across the UK & Ireland, ODEON has been placed number 25 in the Sunday Times 30 Best Big Companies to Work For 2017 and in the top 20 of Ireland’s Great Places to Work 2017.
ODEON is part of ODEON Cinemas Group, Europe's largest cinema operator, which hosts over 115m guests each year in more than 360 cinemas across 14 European countries. In 2016, ODEON Cinemas Group was acquired by AMC Theatres, creating the largest movie exhibition company in the world with over 1,000 theatres and 11,000 screens globally.
For more information, visit: http://www.ODEON.co.uk/about-u...
Or contact the ODEON press office: ODEON@mischiefpr.com