EDINBURGH TO WELCOME NEW LUXURY CINEMA EXPERIENCE: ODEON WESTER HAILES TO RE-OPEN AS ODEON LUXE EDINBURGH WEST
- ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West is to become Scotland’s second ODEON Luxe cinema – re-opening 3rd November
- Guests will be able to enjoy the new, fully-reclining cinema with 800 new handmade luxury recliner seats across eight screens, as well as a range of new food & drink options to see the latest entertainment in style
- Film fans can also experience a new state-of-the-art iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
ODEON – the UK & Ireland’s leading cinema chain – has today announced it will be re-opening ODEON Wester Hailes as a brand-new ODEON Luxe cinema, making it only the second ODEON Luxe cinema in Europe and home to the largest fully-reclining iSense screen in Europe.
In addition to ODEON Luxe East Kilbride, which officially launched earlier this month, film fans in Edinburgh will soon be able to enjoy the ultimate in cinema luxury when the doors re-open to the new look and newly re-named, ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West on 3rd November.
The newest ODEON Luxe cinema will become fully-reclining and truly luxurious, with 800 handmade reclining seats across eight upgraded screens, with triple the legroom and increased personal space for guests, as well as retractable tray tables and a host of new food and drink options to ensure the ultimate cinema experience.
Cinema-goers will also be treated to an overhaul of the technology, including a cutting-edge 178-seat iSense screen - the largest fully-reclining iSense in Europe - delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound.
Film fans can enjoy breathtaking sound delivered by 160 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens now packing Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and improved picture quality through enlarged screens throughout the cinema.
A new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can also take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens.
The improvements to the cinema come ahead of an exciting release schedule of new films, including the highly anticipated remake of Murder on The Orient Express (3rd November), the upcoming family film, Paddington 2 (10th November) and superhero epic Justice League (17th November).
Guests of the cinema can choose from an extensive new range of food options, including freshly-popped popcorn, hot dogs and nachos, as well as drink options including a Coca Cola Freestyle with over 100 different flavour combinations to enjoy. ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West will also feature an all-new Oscar’s Bar, which offers guests freshly-cooked pizza and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless cards and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
For more information on available offers and to book tickets for upcoming screenings, guests can visit the ODEON website: http://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas...
After starting her career with ODEON as a Cinema Host at ODEON Wester Hailes, General Manager, Isla Stilley is proud to be at the helm of the new ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West.
“We’re extremely proud that Scotland will be home to three of the four first ODEON Luxe cinemas in Europe and we’re thrilled to be able to offer film fans in Edinburgh the ultimate, luxury cinema experience,” said Isla. “Since our doors closed earlier this year in August, our team have been working hard to create the ultimate venue for film fans. With recliner seating throughout, the highest quality sound and screens and an all new retail offering, we can’t wait to welcome back film fans to enjoy the biggest and best film releases in fantastic luxury and comfort.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Edinburgh West will include:
- 800 fully-reclining seats (reduced from 2,117) across eight fully-refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and handy tray tables
- A new cutting-edge 178-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
- 160 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and 63 multi-channel amplifiers
- New enlarged screens across all auditoriums – with new in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimised viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
- New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
- New food & drink offering, including freshly-popped popcorn, hot dogs and nachos, as well as the all-new Oscar’s Bar featuring freshly-cooked pizza and a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- New drinks options including a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours and freshly brewed coffee, served in the brand new stylish on-site Costa
- Renovated and refreshed areas of the cinema including a new foyer, entrance area, ceilings, toilets and LED lighting
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
Some of the other highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
- Only The Brave (10th November)
- The Son of Bigfoot (13th November)
- Battle of the Sexes (24th November)
- The Disaster Artist (1st December)
- Wonder (1st December)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (14th December)
- Ferdinand (16th December)
- Pitch Perfect 3 (20th December)