PRESS RELEASE: It’s here! The brand new 10 screen, state of the art flagship ODEON is now open following exclusive gala night success
- Mayor of Bournemouth, Cllr Edward Jesser Coope cut the ribbon at the new Bournemouth cinema opening in the BH2 Leisure Complex alongside Carol Welch (ODEON Managing Director) and Richard Rowe (Bournemouth cinema General Manager)
- Guests can now experience the amazing ISENSE screen, which delivers the highest quality big screen experience
- The new Bournemouth cinema is now open, ready for half term
- ODEON kids is on every day during half term for only £2.50 a ticket
The highly anticipated, 10-screen state of the art flagship ODEON cinema at the brand new BH2 Leisure complex is now open to the public, following an exclusive gala night on Thursday 9th February.
Guests from around the country attended the anticipated gala evening and enjoyed the chance to explore the new cinema for the first time, ahead of opening. The guests were also treated to exclusive screenings of the latest must see films The LEGO Batman Movie and Hidden Figures ahead of their release.
The Mayor of Bournemouth, Cllr Edward Jesser Coope launched the proceedings with the official ribbon cutting to mark the opening. He said: “It’s great that ODEON has decided to open its flagship cinema complex here in Bournemouth, boosting local jobs and investment. I’m thrilled it’s here and the Mayoress and I are looking forward to enjoying the new facilities.”
Richard Rowe, General Manager for ODEON Bournemouth said: “It was absolutely brilliant to open the doors on our brand new ODEON, and see everyone’s reaction to the new cinema. The team involved in ODEON’s newest flagship site are extremely pleased and we now can’t wait to welcome thousands of guests through our doors in time for half term and beyond, to experience the latest and best in cinema entertainment.”
Carol Welch, Managing Director of ODEON UK and Ireland said: “We’re thrilled with the stunning new ODEON in the BH2 centre, which is our most innovative cinema in the UK. It is currently our only cinema to feature all of these great new features in one place. In ten years’ time they will be commonplace throughout the country – so we are delighted to bring them all first to our guests in Bournemouth. We have a very long and happy history here, and are very excited about the amazing experiences we’ll be creating in the decades ahead.”
The new flagship cinema will give guests the opportunity to dine on a premium food selection in the upstairs bar area and relax in indulgent reclining chairs in 8 of the 10 screens.
The new ISENSE screen offers the ultimate immersive film experience for guests, with 4K digital projectors and a Dolby Atmos sound system that uses 56 top spec speakers, each individually controlled to draw guests into the heart of the action.
Additional information on the new ODEON Bournemouth:
- The new ODEON Bournemouth launches Bargain Monday. Every Monday tickets are only £5.50 for everyone all day (excluding Bank Holidays)*
- Limitless - Our amazing membership proposition. Guests can purchase a Limitless card for only £17.99 a month allowing them to see as many films as they want as often as they like*
- Award Season: If guests see any three award films, they can see the fourth one absolutely free
- As well as a brand-new Costa Coffee in the foyer for guests to enjoy, the new cinema will continue to offer ODEON’s ever popular special screenings for guests of all different ages, with a huge selection of big screen favourites available to watch for lower prices. Screenings include:
- ODEON Silver Cinema – A series of film screenings for guests who are over-55 with tickets from £3* each including tea, coffee and biscuits before the film.
- ODEON Kids – Special screenings every Saturday, every Sunday and every day when school’s out with tickets just £2.50 each for kids and adults alike.
- ODEON Newbies – Designed only for parents and guardians and their babies these screenings feature softer volume, ever-so-slightly brighter lights and no worries about disturbing other guests.
Some of the most anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new cinema on opening weekend:
- The Lego Batman Movie
- Fifty Shades Darker
- T2: Trainspotting
Some of the most anticipated upcoming films:
- The Great Wall – 17th February
- Kong: Skull Island – 10th March
- Beauty And The Beast – 17th March
Tickets are available at: http://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas/bournemouth_bh2/224...
The ODEON cinema on Westover Road has now closed its doors, with a final screening of La La Land. It closed its doors to the public on Thursday 9th to allow the team to get ready for the grand opening at BH2 the next day.
Notes to editors: If you would like to pull through ODEON film listings to your website please contact a member of the Liz Lean team for more information on a live feed.
ISENSE: State-of-the-art 4K digital projectors deliver almost 9m pixels, four times the resolution of a standard screen, so your film is brighter, clearer and alive with detail. Cutting-edge Dolby Atmos sound systems and luxurious seating for a truly immersive cinema experience.
Kids Screen: ODEON Kids Screen is just like a normal screen but with one big, exciting difference, it has a fun and comfortable seating area at the front of the screen for the little ones. Let them laugh, gasp and cheer their way through the film all from the comfort of seats designed especially for them.
Bargain Monday: *Price applies to standard 2D tickets for Monday film screenings at ODEON Bournemouth. Bargain Monday does not apply to special screenings, events and Bank Holidays. Additional upgrade costs apply to other film formats and seat types. Blockbuster priced films will incur an additional premium to the quoted price. This will be £1 per person or as otherwise advised at time of booking. For more details please ask a member of staff in cinema or visit www.odeon.co.uk.
Limitless * Terms and exclusions apply. Extra charge for some screenings and facilities £17.99/month membership excludes Central London cinemas. Price including Central London cinemas is £19.99/month. Minimum age is 16, minimum membership period is 12 months and monthly payment is by Direct Debit. For list of Central London cinemas and more details, see ODEON.co.uk/limitless or pick up a leaflet in the entrance foyer