ODEON BIRMINGHAM BROADWAY PLAZA TO RE-LAUNCH AS UK’S LARGEST FULLY RECLINING ODEON LUXE CINEMA
25 May 2018
- ODEON Birmingham Broadway Plaza is to become the Midlands’ first – and the UK’s largest – fully-reclining ODEON Luxe cinema
- Guests will be able to enjoy the UK’s biggest ODEON Luxe cinema, complete with 1,264 brand-new, handmade, luxury recliner seats across 12 screens
- Film fans can also experience a fully-reclining, state-of-the-art iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound, as well as a range of new food & drink options – to see the latest entertainment in ultimate comfort and style
ODEON – Europe’s largest cinema group – has today announced it will be launching the UK’s largest ODEON Luxe cinema in the city of Birmingham, with ODEON Birmingham Broadway Plaza re-opening as a fully-reclining ODEON Luxe site this June.
The cinema will feature 1,264 luxury handmade reclining seats across its 12 upgraded screens, offering film fans triple the legroom and increased personal space and comfort, as well as individual retractable tables to ensure the ultimate in-cinema comfort.
Film fans visiting the new ODEON Luxe Birmingham Broadway Plaza will also enjoy a complete overhaul of the technology, including a new fully-reclining, state-of-the-art, 204-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound.
Cinemagoers will also experience breathtaking sound delivered by 190 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens packing Dolby 7.1 surround sound and improved picture quality.
A new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and an upgraded hearing-impaired system across all screens.
The new and exciting upgrades to the cinema come during an epic season of blockbusters, including all-action heist comedy Ocean's 8 (18 June) and true story survival epic Adrift (29 June), with film fans also able to enjoy the origin story of Han Solo and Chewbacca in Solo: A Star Wars Story (25 May) and upcoming dinosaur adventure Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (6 June) – all from the comfort of ODEON Luxe recliner seating.
The cinema’s foyer and retail area have also undergone a complete refurbishment, with guests able to choose from an extensive range of new food and drink options, including lattice fries, chunky chips, chicken strips, sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Tango Ice Blast and a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy.
The cinema will also boast an all-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed coffee served in the newly renovated on-site Costa Coffee.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless card and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
For more information on available offers and to book tickets for upcoming screenings, guests can visit the ODEON website: http://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas...
“We’re extremely proud that Birmingham will be home to the Midlands’ first ODEON Luxe cinema,” said Susan Harrison, General Manager at ODEON Luxe Birmingham Broadway Plaza. “With ODEON having such a strong connection to the city – including its first ever cinema being built here in the 1930s – it really has been fantastic to see the journey the cinema has undertaken over the past months, transforming into the ultimate luxury venue for film fans to enjoy for many more years to come.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Birmingham Broadway Plaza will include:
- 1,264 handmade fully-reclining seats across 12 refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tables
- A cutting-edge 204-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
- 190 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround sound and 30 new multi-channel amplifiers
- New in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimise viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
- New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired system across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
- New food & drink offering, including lattice fries, chunky chips, chicken strips, sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Tango Ice Blast and a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy
- All-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed coffee served in the newly renovated on-site Costa Coffee
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, & ODEON Screen Unseen
Some of the other highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
- The Incredibles 2 – 13 July
- Skyscraper – 13 July
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go – 20 July
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout – 27 July